Thursday 25 March 2010

In search of the divine




My last 'chit chat' was about Katy Moran and her wonderfully ambiguous paintings. Well searching for the invisible that tantalises the senses, engaging paint and colour-that is what I am aiming for. I was first profoundly moved by painting when i visited the De Kooning retrospective in the early 1990s, I was seriously affected by his work (mostly 1970s work) and realised then that it was possible to affect the viewer in a sensory way that seemed to bypass the intellect. Since then with my training at the Slade and the want to keep my images visually connected to my subject, I have been side tracked from my core wish. The attached paintings are from yesterday and hopefully exhibit some sort of subject but yet allowing the work to be about the colour and marks used.

No comments:

Post a Comment