Sunday 19 June 2011

New Skies



Apologies for my infrequency at updating this however I am in the middle of a solo show at the Rendezvous Gallery in Aberdeen, which is proving to be successful spurring me onwards to paint. Some times when the paintings start to stack up before a show doubt creeps in.
So, I have just finished two more sky scapes, the aim being to capture the excitement of light breaking through the atmosphere. The sky scapes form a body of paintings that are simply made for enjoyment-mine in the making and hopefully in the viewers eye. These two paintings are quite heavily painted as I try and experiment with marks, glazes and scraping back revealing areas.

2 comments:

  1. Abstracts, figures, landscapes...Love them all. You have a wonderful range. Your work inspires me to see this in my own work, as I keep telling myself to hone in on one thing...why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jami, thanks for your comment. Im so rubbish at posting and didnt even realise you had commented.
    Ive had an inner turmoil, fearing that I didnt want to be seen as someone with a split personality or one that was nt serious about my subject as I had multiple interests. Then I realised that all that is external and that I am better spending my time painting from 'within' and getting it out there. Going to check your work out now. Paul

    ReplyDelete